Family Support Counsellor
Full-time position | 35 hours per week
Position start: March 2019
Please refer to our FRC Family Support Worker Job Description for complete details and duties of the position.
Family Resource Centre (FRC) is a dynamic client centered social service resource agency providing a range of child, youth, individual and family counselling services to residents of the North Okanagan.
The Family Resource Centre is looking to fill a full time position in our Family Support Worker Program. The successful candidate will be able to provide a range of bio-psycho-social assessments, create treatment plans, therapeutic interventions, and other required duties as part of the position. If you would like to be a part of this progressive organization and a member of a leading team of clinical professionals, please send your application to the contact information noted below.
- Provide counselling for children and their families with moderate mental, emotional and behavioral problems;
- Provide counselling services that are conducive to the client’s emotional well-being;
- Confidential client information management both by phone and in person;
- File preparation and management;
- Organize and facilitate individual and group activities with children and their families.
- BSW, MSW or B.A. (Social Work or Counselling preferred);
- Excellent communication & client interview skills;
- Works from a team perspective;
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks are required
- Afternoon and evening work sometimes required
How to Apply
If you would like to be a part of this progressive organization and a member of our FRC team, please send your resume via email or mail to:
Scott Manjak, Executive Director
#201 - 3402 27th Ave.
Vernon, BC, V1T 1S1
Closing date: February 19, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
* Only those applicants short listed for the position will be contacted.